Having a dog is the best all year round, but summertime is particularly fun!
We don’t have Ernie full time, but when we do get to spend some time with him, we like to make sure he has a blast! There are so many things you can do with a dog in the summer, and here are some of our favourites!
1. Take them along to a car boot sale. There’s nowhere else you can go shopping and take your dog!
2. Drive to the seaside so they can swim in the sea and dig in the stand
3. Have your dinner in a country pub garden and bring theirs along so they can lay on the grass and eat under the table
4. Treat them to some dog ice cream and cool down in the garden
5. Find a dog friendly garden centre and let them run around sniffing all the different flowers
6. Buy them a kids plastic swimming pool so that they can have a dip in the garden whilst you are sunning yourself
7. Organise a 'pack walk' with fellow dog owners to your favourite country park and let them play with the other dogs
8. Go to a pet shop together and pick a new toy for the day!
9. Treat them to a groom so that they have a shorter coat for the warmer days
10. This is obviously an all year thing, but whenever we visit our Grandparents in their elderly home, we like to bring Ernie with us. It’s a great way to stimulate those suffering with dementia, as people really respond to dogs, even if they are not responding to much else.
What do you like to do with your dogs in the summer?