I can bake two things, and luckily for Blogmas day 13, one of them is 'Gingerbread Cake!'
I got this recipe from my local gift/craft shop (weirdly) a few years ago, but i've made a few changes!
What you'll need:
75g Golden Caster Sugar
150g Golden Syrup
225g Self Raising Flour
2 Eggs, made up to 10floz with Milk
2tsp Ground Cinnamon
2tsp Ground Ginger
2 Tbsp Golden Caster Sugar
1/2 tsp of Mixed Spice
1. Melt the butter, 75g sugar, treacle & syrup in a saucepan and then allow to cool
2. Sift the flour, cinnamon and ginger into a bowl
3. Stir in the cooled sugar & egg mix with a balloon whisk.
4. Pour into a 10"x8" tin lined with greaseproof paper and bake for 10-15 minutes at 180.C.
6. Once it looks spongey and fully baked, remove from oven, sprinkle sugar on top and leave to cool on a wire rack.
What do you like baking at Christmas?