It has been about a month since we started the big house hunt! Only 4 weeks have flown by, and it feels like we've been looking around houses for months! Here is a little insight into what we have learnt so far!
1. Houses look nothing like the 'Rightmove' pictures in real life. Nothing.
2. Estate Agents can go from being really pushy, to completely elusive!
3. Just when you think you've wrapped your head around mortgages, you realise you still have no clue.
4. Nothing can prepare you for the stress!
5. You know in about 20 seconds of stepping in the front door whether you like a house or not.
6. Nothing makes you wish you were 8 years old again quite like buying a house. I don't want to grow up!
7. If you start decorating a house in your head after viewing it, it's probably a winner!
8. Things can go from being really fast paced to really slow paced.
9. Everyone has an opinion. Listen to them, but ultimately this is your life and your decision.
10. You can go from loving a house to hating it in a split second.
11. Look into all of your options.
12. Have a 'needs vs wants' list ready!
13. Go check a property out at night. See what the area is like after dark!
14. Don't just look at the cosmetic work that needs doing, because that is a lot cheaper than having to replace windows, roofs etc.
15. Although it consumes your life, it's actually really exciting. So enjoy every moment!