Over the past year we have been saving our deposit, and during this time we have been looking at houses online weekly.
Even though we haven't been in a position to buy just yet, it's just too tempting to see what we can afford on Right Move. Here is our list of the pros and cons of doing this!
- You get an idea of what you can afford.
- You can compare the different places in your budget and see what you CAN get for your money!
- You see how fast some properties sell.
- You notice the ones that have been up for months!
- You start to build a better picture of your life after moving out.
- Your start to create a needs vs wants list.
- It drives you to save more.
- It gives you a better idea of which towns are pricier than others.
- Photographs are not always an accurate representation of the house (wide angle lenses)!
- They only show you the highlights.
- It's easy to judge the house by the first picture and not even click.
- You can get too attached to a house that is out of your reach!
- It can all be a bit daunting...
- It can sometimes feel like it's never going to happen.
- You judge the houses that have been on the market for a while.
It can sometimes get a bit stressful this house hunting malarkey, so for fun we sometimes have a nose at the mansions in our radius! But then this depresses us and we shut the laptop!
Who else checks out Right Move!?